How to retrieve Organization related information in Scripted decision node?

Hi everyone,

I am working on developing wizard form in Journey to create and update new organization. For creation I have utilized callbacks to collect information and used create object node to create new organization. But for update I need to understand how to retrieve organization information based on specific attribute like “name” or something and pull information and display it in callbacks so update can be made.
I have implemented this operation for users using “idRepository.getattributes()”. I want to understand how can we do this for organization.

Thank you in advance!

hi @Suriya
In this blog post I’ve explained how you can create a journey dedicated to alpha_organization creation : Business User and Company Onboarding in ForgeRock Identity platform, a B2B Use Case | by Stéphane Orluc | Medium
I think you should be able to find what you need here.
Basically, just create journey for apha_organization and use the Patch node.
reagards
Steph.

1 Like

Hi @stephane.orluc ,

I got your point of create a from and patch node to do update operation but our requirements is something different.
For e.g.,
currently I have created update flow for users using scripted decision done which will capture uuid and will user “idrepository.getIdentity(uuid)” to pull all user values and push it into shared state then I use attribute collector node to display it to the users where they can do the modification and using patch node it will update those data.
I want to achieve this same thing for organization, but the point I struck is since we have idrepository.getIdentity(uuid) to retrieve user info I want to know there is any other way can we have method to fetch org data and push it to shared state so I can display it to admins who can modify and do the updation.

Thank you for your inputs but solution for above requirement! Thanks in advance!

Hi team,

I have figured out that using openidm.read() I can able to get organization details based on “_id” but I can’t able to get custom attributes created for the organization managed objects.
As I aware that for “user managed objects” custom attributes can be retrieved from “fr-idm-custom-attrs” but when I used this for organization managed object its not giving the expected output.

Need input for this! Thank you in advance:)

Hi Suriya

I dont think you need to use fr-idm-custom-attrs for organization managed object.

For organization, you should be able to access all attributes (including custom attrs) by their individual name.

1 Like

Hi Suriya ,

We’re working on enhancing the community experience. Did you find the posts from ajaykumar_suri or stephane.orluc helped resolve your issue? If they did, please mark the appropriate one as “Solved.” This helps other members find solutions more quickly and acknowledges the valuable input from our community members.

Many thanks & warm regards,

Sheila