Openidm7.4.0 mySQL8.0 connectivity

Hello everyone,

I am trying to configure MySQL with OpenIDM version 7.4.0 and am encountering some issues.

Here are the steps I have followed so far:

1. Connector Addition: I have added the MySQL connector (mysql-connector-java-8.0.23) by copying the mysql-connector-java-8.0.23.jar file to the openidm/lib directory.
  2. Configuration Updates: I updated the conf/repo.ds.json and conf/repo.init.json files with the MySQL server details and the necessary tables for saving the data.
  3. MySQL Server Setup: I configured the MySQL server, created a new user named openidm, and granted the necessary access to this user.

Despite these steps, when I create a new user, the user details are not being saved in the managed_user table in MySQL. The user details appear in the user list in the web UI but are missing from the MySQL table.

I have also tried adding the FINE debug option for MySQL but am not receiving any failure logs.

Has anyone faced a similar issue or have any insights on what might be going wrong?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Anees

Hi @anees.am

Remove repo.ds.json, copy instead the repo.jdbc.json file from the db/mysql/conf folder, use the scripts in the script/ folder to configure the database, configure as well the default data source. And as always best way please follow the instructions in the documentation. MySQL repository :: IDM 7.5.0

Regards

1 Like

Hello

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to follow the same steps and here is the issue log.

export OPENIDM_OPTS=“-Xmx1024m -Xms1024m -Dopenidm.repo.host=localhost -Dopenidm.repo.port=3306”
anees@anees-Latitude-3400:~/Downloads/openidm$ ./startup.sh
Executing ./startup.sh…
/usr/bin/java
Using OPENIDM_HOME: /home/anees/Downloads/openidm
Using PROJECT_HOME: /home/anees/Downloads/openidm
Using OPENIDM_OPTS: -Xmx1024m -Xms1024m -Dopenidm.repo.host=localhost -Dopenidm.repo.port=3306
Using LOGGING_CONFIG: -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/home/anees/Downloads/openidm/conf/logging.properties
→ [22] Jun 04, 2024 1:26:57.302 PM org.forgerock.openidm.datasource.jdbc.impl.JDBCDataSourceService lambda$initDataSourceService$1
WARNING: Unable to establish connection: d69ed82e-be60-4ea6-9a1b-ab8756319806 - Connection is not available, request timed out after 60002ms., next attempt at Tue Jun 04 13:27:02 IST 2024

Regards
Anees

Describe specifically how you accomplished your #3.

Hi @anees.am

It could be the connector version. I noticed that you are using connector version 8.0.23. According to the documentation @patrick_diligent referenced, in Step 1, it states to download MySQL Connector/J version 8.0 or later. However, there is an important note that cautions against using Connector/J versions 8.0.23 through 8.0.25. Here’s why.

I hope this helps