Last updated Nov 18, 2021
1.1. "ForgeRock” means ForgeRock, Inc., and its affiliates and subsidiaries as may be applicable.
1.2. “Materials” means source code, code samples, object code, technical materials, documentation, discussion thread postings, blogs, wikis, data, images, videos and any other content or information.
1.3. “Contributions” means any Materials submitted to the ForgeRock Community
1.4. “You” means you personally, as well as any person or entity on whose behalf you are using the ForgeRock Community.
2. Your ForgeRock Community Account**.** Your use of the ForgeRock Community shall be under your relevant ForgeRock Community account. You are responsible for the confidentiality of any password used for such ForgeRock Community account. Your first name and last name may be publicly displayed on your ForgeRock Community account. You agree that all information you submit to the ForgeRock Community is accurate. You agree that ForgeRock may send you information and notices regarding the ForgeRock Community or Your ForgeRock Community account by email or other means based on the information you provide to ForgeRock.
3.1 You may not: (i) use the ForgeRock Community in violation of the terms if use set forth herein, (ii) impersonate any other person; (iii) falsely say or imply that you are associated with ForgeRock or another entity; (iv) submit any false or deceptive language, unsubstantiated or comparative claims regarding ForgeRock’s or others’ products and services,(v) submit content in exchange for payment or other consideration from another person or entity; (vi) make the ForgeRock Community available to anyone else, including via selling, reselling, renting, leasing, or otherwise redistributing the Web Site; (vii) violate any anti-spam or similar law; (viii) use the ForgeRock Community to store or transmit material or content that isinfringing, libelous, or otherwise unlawful or tortious material, or t in violation of third-party rights, including but not limited to privacy rights; (ix) store or transmit malicious code or malware, or to engage in phishing or other fraudulent activity; (x) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the ForgeRock Community web site; (xi) scrape, data-extract, data mine, or engage in any related or similar data- harvesting activity, or otherwise collect information about other ForgeRock Community users without their consent.
3.3 Use of the ForgeRock Community is at your sole risk. ForgeRock may modify the functionality of the ForgeRock Community web site and its interface at any time, and such modifications may result in a loss of data associated with that functionality. ForgeRock also reserves the right to remove or refuse to post any content submitted or posted by You to the ForgeRock Community.
3.4 Source Code Submissions. You agree that any source code You contribute to the ForgeRock Community will be submitted under, and subject to, the license as directed by ForgeRock by the ForgeRock Community web site. If no license is posted, You agree that Your Contribution will be governed by the Common Development and Distribution (CDDL) License, which terms can be found at http://www.forgerock.com/CDDL-License. You acknowledge that You are responsible for including all applicable copyright notices and licenses with Your Contributions, and that You assume the risks of failing to do so, including the potential loss of Your rights to Your Contributions.
3.5 Other Contributions. You hereby grant to ForgeRock and all users of the ForgeRock Community web site a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive and fully sub-licensable right and license under Your intellectual property rights to reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display and use Your Contributions (in whole or part) and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, all subject to the obligation to retain any copyright notices included in Your Contributions. ForgeRock and all users of the ForgeRock Community are responsible for any modifications they make to the Contributions of others.
3.6 Moral Rights. You agree that with respect to any “moral” or equivalent rights (including, without limitation, rights of attribution, integrity, disclosure, and withdrawal) You hereby: (i) assign such rights to ForgeRock, (ii) waive such rights and (iii) agree never to assert such rights or to institute or maintain any action against ForgeRock relative to any such rights in Your Contributions. To the extent that such rights cannot be assigned or waived by operation of law, You grant to ForgeRock, a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and worldwide license to fully exercise all such rights akin to ownership, with rights to sub license through multiple levels of sub-licensees and further, You consent to ForgeRock’s use sufficient to allow ForgeRock to exercise the rights granted herein.
4. Submission of Feature Requests.
4.1 By submitting any suggestion for feature requests related to the ForgeRock software and services, you agree that your disclosure of such suggestion is gratuitous, unsolicited, and without restriction, and will not place ForgeRock under any fiduciary or other obligation. ForgeRock may disclose the ideas on a non confidential basis to anyone and/or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation. You acknowledge that, by ForgeRock’s acceptance of your submission, ForgeRock does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known or developed by ForgeRock.
4.2 To the extent that your employer or another organization with which you are affiliated owns or has rights in the feature request you are submitting, you represent that you are authorized by that employer or organization to submit and grant the rights specified here to your feature request under these Terms.
4.3 In consideration for ForgeRock’s permission to you to post your feature request, you represent and warrant that you own or otherwise possess all intellectual property and other rights necessary to allow you to post your content on.
4.4 You acknowledge that ForgeRock may develop, market, distribute or otherwise make available products or services that incorporate feature requests that you submit on the ForgeRock Community. You agree not to make any claims against ForgeRock or anyone using a product or service distributed or otherwise made available or marketed by ForgeRock related to the development and offering of such products or services, regardless of whether your feature requests are adopted, not adopted or adopted but modified in any product, service or application.
4.5 In the event that you are determined to be a contributing inventor to an invention based upon your contributions or suggestions on the ForgeRock Community or by any court or government agency competent to make such a determination, you agree to:
a. cooperate with ForgeRock in procuring patents to protect the invention;
b. execute all necessary paperwork required to procure patents to the invention on behalf of ForgeRock; and
c. at ForgeRock’s request execute any assignments assigning ownership of any patents or patent applications to the invention to ForgeRock.
4.6 Any unreleased services or features discussed in the ForgeRock Community are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. If you purchase ForgeRock products or services, you should make the purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. ForgeRock reserves the right to change ForgeRock’s product and service plans at any time without notice, at ForgeRock’s sole discretion.
5. Disclaimer of Warranties**.** YOUR USE OF THE FORGEROCK COMMUNITY IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SITE, INCLUDING ALL MATERIALS FOUND ON IT, IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS. THE HOSTS DISCLAIM ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. FORGEROCK MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR GUARANTEES AS TO THE USEFULNESS QUALITY, SUITABILITY, TRUTH, ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR COMPLETENESS OF THE FORGEROCK COMMUNITY. YOU AGREE TO ASSUME ALL RISK OF LOSS OR LIABILITY FOR THE USE OF THE FORGEROCK COMMUNITY OR ANY MATERIALS ON IT. CONTENT POSTED BY ANYONE OTHER THAN FORGEROCK ON THE FORGEROCK COMMUNITY IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE ORIGINATOR OF THAT CONTENT. FORGEROCK IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT POSTED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER OR NOT FORGEROCK REVIEWED OR MODERATED SUCH CONTENT. CONTENT POSTED BY FORGEROCK ON THE FORGEROCK COMMUNITY IS NOT PART OF ANY USER GUIDE OR LEGAL AGREEMENT, AND, FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, DOES NOT CONSTITUTE “DOCUMENTATION” AS THAT TERM (OR ANY SIMILAR TERM) MAY BE SET FORTH IN A SEPARATE AGREEMENT. ALL SUCH AFOREMENTIONED CONTENT IS PROVIDED “AS-IS”, AND FORGEROCK DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION AS TO ITS QUALITY OR ACCURACY, AND FORGEROCK SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, USEFULNESS, NON INFRINGEMENT, QUALITY OR ORIGINALITY OF SUCH CONTENT. FORGEROCK DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CONTENT OR MATERIAL ON THE FORGEROCK COMMUNITY REGARDLESS OF WHO ORIGINATED THAT CONTENT (INCLUDING FORGEROCK PERSONNEL, PARTNERS, AFFILIATES OR MODERATORS).
7. Limitation of Liability . TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, FORGEROCK IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF BUSINESS, REVENUE, PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, ELECTRONICALLY TRANSMITTED ORDERS, OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE FORGEROCK COMMUNITY OR MATERIALS, EVEN IF FORGEROCK HAS PREVIOUSLY BEEN ADVISED OF, OR REASONABLY COULD HAVE FORESEEN, THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, HOWEVER THEY ARISE, WHETHER IN BREACH OF CONTRACT OR IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE). TO THE EXTENT THAT ANY JURISDICTION DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF DIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY.
8. Intellectual Property Rights in the ForgeRock Community . Subject to the limited rights expressly granted hereunder, ForgeRock reserves all rights, title and interest in and to all intellectual property rights in the ForgeRock Community, including but not limited to its user interface, branding, content, ideas, and underlying technology. No rights are granted to you hereunder other than as expressly set forth herein.