Change device

I’ve just changed my mobile phone, reinstalled all apps but I can’t export ForgeRock’s accounts from old device to new one: there is a way to save all my accounts and find it in my new mobile phone?

Hi @imrindustries , thank you for reaching out to the community.

Are you referring to your ForgeRock Authenticator App that you use to log into ForgeRock Backstage account?

If you have a new phone, the following knowledge article will step you through how to update your MFA settings and register your new phone with your Backtage account.
Please see: Changing your MFA device settings.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,
Sheila

Hello Sheila,
I mean ForgeRock app for MFA on other sites, not for login into ForgeRock Backstage. I’ve 8-10 accounts registered in the app and I need to move them on the app in the new mobile phone.

Let me know, thanks.
Dario

Hi Dario,

Thank you for clarifying that it’s the Forgerock Authenticator App for AM and not Backstage.
Depending upon your AM version, If you’re looking to reset or replace a device, you can find detailed information in the authentication guide for ForgeRock Access Management (AM). The instructions provided below are for AM 7.

The guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to reset devices. You can access the information using the following link: Resetting Devices in ForgeRock AM Authentication Guide. This will walk you through registering a replacement (new) device.

Please let me know if you are instead using the AM SDK or Identity Cloud to register your mobile phone with AM, and I will post the relevant instructions.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Thank you,

Sheila

Hi Sheila,

I am in the situation you described using the Forgerock iOS SDK to register a device and I am interested in the instructions.
Maybe you can also shed a light what needs to be done at Amazon SNS when a device changes.

Do I have to delete the old device endpoint arn from my company owned Amazon SNS or is there an automated cleanup because the endpoint gets disabled at some time? How does Forgerock do it in the context of FR authenticator to get rid of device endpoints in the case of changed, lost or stolen devices?

Regards
Thomas

Hi Sheila,
but we’ve not an AM, we only use the app in a few mobile phone and we need to change one of this because it doesn’t works fine. If I open the app on that mobile phone I see the accounts but there isn’t a way to backup it and restore on the new one.
How can I do to backup all accounts from the old and restore it to the new mobile phone easily?

Thanks,
Dario

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for reaching out to the community.

These are the steps to follow when using the Forgerock IOS SDK Authenticator to register devices:
Troubleshoot the ForgeRock Authenticator.

Here you will find the following resources:

I’ve reached out to our internal team seeking insight into steps to take at Amazon SNS when a device changes in case of change, loss, or stolen device to help validate if there is an automatic or manual cleanup process.

I will follow up here as soon as I receive their feedback.

Best regards,
Sheila

Hi Dario,

Thank you for informing us that you are not using AM in this scenario.
So that we may better assist you, can you provide more context on how you utilize the Authenticator app without AM? For example, is this your use case using the SDK? Develop your own use case solutions
As a ForgeRock customer, you can use the ForgeRock Authenticator module to integrate the functionality of the ForgeRock Authenticator into your own Android and iOS apps.

Thank you,

Sheila

Hi Sheila,
thnk you for your reply. It’s not difficult: like already wrote some posts ago, I only want to recover my accounts registered in the app because I’ve changed my company mobile phone, I didn’t think that this procedure was so difficult.
Anyway, we use the ForgeRock app to obtain a MFA code required to acces on various sites (suppliers sites, customers sites, etc.): it’s possible do this?
How can I make a backup from the old mobile phone and restore it on the new one?

Thank you,
Dario

Hi Dario,

I understand that you are facing issues while trying to make a backup of your old mobile phone and restore it to the new one. I appreciate your patience while I investigated this matter with our engineering team.
I spoke with engineering and currently, we do not have the option to perform this backup and restore process. However, this feature is on our backlog, and we are working on it. Unfortunately, we do not have a timeline for when it will be released.

In the meantime, the only option is to register the new device with your authentication service by contacting your HelpDesk. They will guide you through the process of setting up your accounts and restoring access to any sites that require MFA codes.

I hope this information helpful.

Thank you and best regards,
Sheila

Hi Sheila,

no push; I just assume you are busy and want to bring myself back on the top of the queue :slight_smile:
And thanks for the links to the resources.

Thanks
Thomas

1 Like