How to add drop-down property in ForgeRock Platform UI?

Hello Community,

We got the requirement to create custom attribute of type string but it should display values in Drop-Down so users can choose the value. As I know we can create attributes of type “String”, “array”, “object”, “number” in IDM platform, I couldn’t not find the option to configure this i.e., the attribute created (drop-down/enum attribute) should displayed in Platform UI (IDC UI) so that it can be visible in end user UI.

@Suriya I downloaded the platform-ui from ForgeRock’s Git repo, modified the ‘EditPersonalInfo/index.vue’ to add the string value/enum as a ‘BFormSelect’, then compiled and deployed the updated UI.

Not sure if that’s the easiest route, but it works for me. I added several customized “string → enum” attributes this way. I’ll be curious to see if anyone has a simpler solution.

2 Likes

That is the best thing I could think of, customizing platform enduser.

If it wasn’t platform, you could Knowledge - ForgeRock BackStage

1 Like

Hi Suriya,

We’re working to enhance the community experience. Did the post from jpfrommer.ibss or scullen70 help address your concern? If so, please choose the Best Answer and click the check box image below the reply to mark the issue as Solved.

We highly encourage our members to use this feature, as it helps those seeking assistance and those looking for previously provided solutions.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Sheila

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your response. I got to know how we can achieve this but the point is whether ForgeRock Identity Cloud managed by forgeRock would support this. If so how we can achieve this? I have used “Configuration-manager” to pull backend managed objects but during discussion with forgerock team they said won’t support this approach.

Hi Suriya,

Thank you for expressing your concerns. It’s great to hear you’ve explored the possibilities and potential solutions for achieving your requirements.

Could you please share more details about the specific concerns raised by the ForgeRock team regarding support? Perhaps this requires an RFE. Were these concerns due to customization support or the approach communicated through a support ticket that I can reference? If so, I’d appreciate it if you could indicate if there’s a relevant ticket I can reference for further clarity. You don’t need to provide the ticket number.

Thank you,
Sheila

Could you also confirm if the initial question to add drop-down property in the Platform UI was intended for IDC support?

Hi @Suriya

I wanted to follow up on our previous discussion regarding your query and how you got to know how to achieve the desired drop down functionality.

You mentioned that you got to know how to achieve this but needed clarification on whether ForgeRock Identity Cloud, managed by ForgeRock, would support this approach.

• Could you please let us know which of the replies you found most helpful or provided the best answer?

• Additionally, since the ForgeRock team you mentioned indicated that the “Configuration-manager” approach might not be supported, I suggest addressing the supportability through a formal support ticket with ForgeRock. This will ensure you receive accurate and authoritative guidance.

Once you’ve done that, it would be great if you could share the outcome here, so the community can benefit from your experience.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sheila

Hi @salbertelli01,

I have raised Support ticket to ForgeRock and they clearly mentioned that its not possible to add those type of attributes in backend. Since I required this functionality to create & update user and organization object I have developed “Form” using journeys by utilizing ForgeRock’s callback methods. By this approach I have fixed our requirement.

1 Like

Hi @Suriya,

Thank you for the update!

We appreciate you sharing your solution with us. This information will benefit others in the community facing similar challenges. If you have any additional insights or tips from your experience, please don’t hesitate to share. I also encourage folks to request a Request for Enhancement (RFE) for a supported path is still needed.

Thanks again for your contribution!
Best regards,

Sheila