How to prepare local sandbox for Access Management

Need to install the Access Manager in local sandbox to test few scenarios, Can we do it?
If yes, can somebody share the detailed steps for installation and configuration.
Thanks

Hi @akshay1 - can you clarify what you are looking for that may not already be covered in Deployment planning :: AM 7.5.0? There is no reason why you shouldn’t be able to setup AM and other components locally, but if you are facing specific challenges please share them here so we can help address them.

Hello @mwtech , I am new to this Access Management product and i want to setup this in my local machine so that i can perform some POCs and development hence needed guidance to install this tool locally from scratch.

If you could provide steps or guide me i would really appreciate.

Thanks

Hi @akshay1 - all of the installation steps can be found at Installation :: AM 7.5.0. If you encounter any issues with these directions or have more specific questions please let us know.

1 Like

Given the complexity of deploying these products from the software installation you may prefer to use the prepared docker images as part of ForgeRock DevOps. See the base docker images and the Setup Overview under * Set up local environment and cluster.

1 Like

Hello @mwtech - I am getting below error, I am doing Default configuration

ou=iPlanetAMAuthConfiguration,ou=services,dc=openam,dc=forgerock,dc=org" violates the schema because it contains an unrecognized object class " sunService" forgerock Access manager error

Could you please support me on this.

Thanks,
Akshay

Hi @akshay1

I’m not 100% certain what you mean by “Default configuration”. Are you using the embedded configuration repository? This would be selected on step 3 of the installation process, where your options are “Embedded DS” or “External DS”. If you select “Embedded DS” I wouldn’t expect you to see this issue, and it is a much faster way of getting a local sandbox set up. This would not be supported for production, but it is a faster path forward for a sandbox.

If you are using an external configuration repository, did you install it using the “AM configuration data store” profile? That should handle the setup of the necessary schema and object classes.

1 Like