Inquiry Regarding Virtual Property Visibility Discrepancy Between Admin UI and End User UI

I’ve encountered a situation where a virtual property, although visible on the End User UI, is not viewable in the Admin UI. Given that a virtual property is a derived property and cannot store data about an identity, I have two queries regarding this:

1. Can a virtual property, accessed through object.virtualPropertyName, be utilized in the onUpdate hook to trigger specific actions on an identity object?
  2. Additionally, what causes an Identity object’s virtual property to be viewable in the End User UI but not in the Admin UI?

Any insights or guidance on these queries would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings Karan,

I believe you imply "How to add a custom field to the Self-Service UI "
There’s a note for that ;-)
https://backstage.forgerock.com/knowledge/kb/article/a40726752

Cheers

Also, can a virtual property, accessed through object.virtualPropertyName, be utilized in the onUpdate hook to trigger specific actions on an identity object?

I tried this, virtual property is visible but it is not editable in the end user ui pages.

Good morning @KaranNayyar1 .
Virtual Properties are calculated on demand. The nature of the relationships are defined in the managed object, itself.
Please see Relationships between objects :: IDM 7.5.0 for details on building these relationships such that the perception of bi-directional modifications are possible.
Please see this reference concerning the extension to the Self Service UI:
Knowledge - ForgeRock BackStage

Cheers.

1 Like