Multiple Report Viewer in Forgerock Identity Reporting (IDR)

Hello everyone,

We have deployed and configured IDR 7.1.0 in an IDM 7.2.1 environment.

In IDM, we have Users attached to some Business Units. We have configured IDR to display reports showing the users and their associated information for each Business Unit. We have then created specific roles for each business unit, which will allow only the report relating to that unit to be displayed.

For example, we set up

• A user X with the role Administrator_BusinessUnitA will be able to view the report concerning BusinessUnitA only.
  • A user Y with the role Administrator_BusinessUnitB will be able to view the report concerning BusinessUnitB only.

What we want to do is to have a user Z with the role Administrator_BusinessUnitA and Administrator_BusinessUnitB who can view the reports for both BusinessUnitA and BusinessUnitB.

However, in the Report Viewer section of IDR, if we select the first Administrator_BusinessUnitA role, we can’t add a second one :

We do not have possibility to search or to add other role.

Is there a limitation or other way of configuring this parameter ? Is this the result of a misconfiguration of the tool in our environment ?

Thank everyone in advance for your help :pleading_face:

1 Like

Hi @maelle.dachez,

Thank you for your detailed inquiry outlining the IDR role configuration within your IDM environment. Your insights into how you’ve set up roles to manage access to reports based on Business Units are very helpful in understanding the issue you’re facing.

I understand that you need help with the Report Viewer, where adding a second role to a user for accessing reports from multiple Business Units appears impossible. I appreciate your patience and am happy to investigate your use cases with our internal teams to determine whether this limitation results from a misconfiguration or an inherent constraint in IDR.

Thank you,

Sheila

Hello @salbertelli01,

Many thanks for taking a look at this topic, please do not hesitate if you need any further information, I will be glad to share it with you.

Best regards,
Maëlle

1 Like

Hello Maëlle,

Thank you for your message and your willingness to provide further details.

I wanted to reach out and let you know that I’ll be on vacation starting next week. No worries, though. My team is fully aware of my internal inquiry and will handle things in my absence. I’m confident they’ll support you effectively. Thank you again for your understanding, and I’ll be back in action to check in and further assist if needed, as soon as I return.

Cheers,
Sheila

Hi @maelle.dachez,

I hope you’re doing well. I apologize for the late response. I wanted to let you know that I’m just returning to the office and received information from our product team confirming “viewer” property within a report definition is restricted to a single role and does not currently support multiple role selections.

I hope this helps to clarify the UI behavior. If you have any questions or need further clarification on this topic, please feel free to ask. Thank you for your understanding!

Cheers,

Sheila