Using RCS as an OAuth Client

I am in the process of deploying an RCS which I’ll be using to provision users into IDM.

For the authentication of RCS, the desired configuration is to have RCS as an OAuth Client, AM as the Authorization Server and IDM as the Resource Server. (The Authorization Server could be any other OAuth server that can provide access tokens and allow it to be introspected)

According to the documentation, this configuration is feasible with an Identity Platform deployment. However, I wasn’t clear on the feasibility of using RCS as an OAuth client for a standalone IDM deployment. The rsfilter authentication module in IDM appears to be applicable only for Identity Platform deployments. Is there any alternative option for standalone IDM deployments?

1 Like

Hi anishetty,

Have you had the opportunity to review the connector server documentation is this the documentation mentioned in your post? If so, please let me know, and I can help check with our internal teams to provide additional usage clarifications.

Hi @salbertelli01

Yes, this is the documentation I have referred.

That would be great! Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @anishetty,

Thank you for confirming. I will follow up with our internal teams and provide you with an update as soon as I have the usage clarification.

Cheers,
Sheila

Hi @anishetty,

After consulting with our internal teams, it has been confirmed that the configuration requires a Platform deployment (aka) AM as the Authorization server. While there have been reports of alternative solutions to AM, we have exclusively tested against AM. If by standalone IDM you mean without AM, unfortunately, it is not feasible as you would not have AM as the authorization server installed.

I hope this helps to clarify the requirement.

Warm regards,
Sheila

Thank you for clarifying it @salbertelli01 !!

1 Like